3.29.2009

Do You Know Lauren?


You may know Lauren from this PC ad.



You probably don't know Mitch. But here's what he's offering.

Subject: I AM UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!

To whom it may concern,

I recently watched the new PC ad on television the other night about "Lauren" purchasing a laptop for under $1000.00. It was a great advertisement targeting everyday PC users. My only concern is that I feel the computer "Lauren" chose will not provide an overall positive experience. I am asking for your assistance to help me locate "Lauren". I am willing to give her my 17" Mac laptop "FOR FREE" so she can decide which laptop is superior without putting a price tag on it.

I do believe everyone on this planet is "cool enough to be a Mac person".

Sincerely,
Mitch Gewirtz


Gizmodo contacted Mitch and asked him if he was serious:

Absolutely! I am serious!

I believe my 17" G4 powerbook is still more advanced than any PC out there today. It is a very healthy laptop that has given me a wonderful experience the last couple of years. I truly believe if "Lauren" had a chance to use this laptop she would change her mind.

Can you help me locate her?

So, if you know Lauren, contact the folks over at Gizmodo!

Let's hope Lauren is a real person (and that doesn't work for Microsoft or HP) and takes on this challenge. Not to mention, this guy is giving up his powerbook, anyone willing to give Lauren a chance at using a MacBook for free?

If I was Lauren, I'd probably sell that that Volkswagen Beetle and use that money to get a used Honda and a MacBook. The MSRP for a Black '09 Beetle with black leather interior, is just below $26k. So, lets say it's an '08, and you got a great deal and paid $20k. You could sell that car and get a used Honda Accord or Civic and buy a new MacBook. That Beetle sucks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment