12.24.2008

Celtics Making History, Go 27-2

The Boston Celtics won their 19th consecutive game last night and now have a NBA best 27-2 record. One that has NEVER been seen in the history of the league. Jordan didn't even do this (although going 72-10 is more impressive)! I'll repeat, NO TEAM IN NBA HISTORY HAS STARTED THE SEASON 27-2.

I only repeat to point out a few things. First, can we now say, arguably of course, that this Celtic team might be the best Celtic team of all time?!? What if they go on and win another title? There were already chants of "Beat L-A." I guess all they want is a victory for Christmas.

Now if we were to (arguably) say that they were the best CELTIC team of all time, could we maybe say they are the best TEAM of all time? What if they win 72 or more games this season? I mean, there was Jordan, Shaq and Kobe, etc, etc... But has there been a TEAM with such balance and dominance? I mean look at Rajon Rondo. He could very well be an All-Star! (I predict the big-three make the All-Star team, and one of them sits out to get Rondo in) I think we have yet to see where this team lands in the leagues greatest teams, but if they win the Finals again, they are officially up there with the best.

I'm predicting a Celtic win on Christmas, Lakers are reeling, even though that win over the Hornets was exactly what they needed. Oh and by the way, when KG was asked if this team could get better he said, "Hell yeah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment