2.20.2009

More Street Fighter Clips


io9 has a bunch of clips with an interview with Kristin Kreuk regarding the movie Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

This is the one clip I want to see (see interview excerpt below).

Did you at any point consider putting on the costume and having some fun, I mean no one is in the Street Fighter-wear on set. But just for kicks?

We were actually reading what was online and everyone was saying, "This isn't realistic, it's not like the game." So we thought, we should do something that's just like the game, that would be hilarious. So what we actually did, and I don't know where this footage is. We bought gloves for Michael [Duncan, who plays Balrog], who is the loveliest man. We thought it would be really funny if Chun-Li and Balrog had a fight on the street in the style of Street Fighter, where you fight on a straight line. And we did it! We filmed the whole thing. I wore an Asian mandarin collar, I put my hair in the buns, we went out to the pool and we shot it with the temple in the backdrop by the hotel. And he's in short shorts and the whole kit and caboodle. I do the side kick and I say "spinning bird kick" and we did the whole thing. It's somewhere, I don't know where it is. What we wanted to do is put in all of the power bars and all of the video FX, it was all planned.


Here are the rest of the clips, sorry no yup-yup-yupping...[io9]














No comments:

Post a Comment