2.10.2009

What the White House Blog Live Blogs...


The Fort Myers, FL townhall meeting. How...exciting....NOT!

Here are some highlights:

1:00 p.m.: Question: You said we have to be patient. What's the plan? Answer: "We didn't get in to this fix overnight and we're not going to get out of it overnight." Says the staff is working as hard as possible, is open to ideas, and has its focus on working people. "I ask myself every day, did I work as hard as I could?" Moment of candor: "I expect to be judged by results."

12:58 p.m.: A woman in the crowd asks for assistance, President embraces her.

12:55 p.m.: President pauses the Q&A to announce some breaking news: the Senate has passed the ARRA. And there was much rejoicing. (This is the only real highlight. You're really not missing anything, it will be all over every news program in the country.)

12:30 p.m.: A moment of candor: "No plan is perfect. I can't tell you with one hundred percent certainy that everything in this plan will work exactly as we hope." But, that said, "doing nothing is not an option -- you didn't send me to Washington to do nothing."

This thing is hard to stay awake to. Not to mention it doesn't even auto refresh. Ugh, and no visuals either! Step it up White House Bloggers! [White House Blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment