1.31.2009

Moving US Airways Flight 1549

I was coming home from the gym this afternoon on Rt. 46 in New Jersey. All of a sudden, traffic on my side (eastbound) slows down, eventually coming to a stop. I look on the westbound side, and I see police motorcycles halting traffic coming onto 46. I look up and on the next ramp coming onto Rt 46 West. This is what I see.

You might not be able to see it very clearly, but if u look on the ramp there, you can see the a plane. First comes a massive motorcade of police officers. Once the flatbed is on the highway, it flies by.

I can barely get off a couple pictures on my iPhone. As you can see in this last picture, the plane was pretty much stripped down, cut off and gawkers (like myself) were taking pictures best we could.

I got an idea for the FAA. If you want to keep the location of your plane hidden, don't keep it uncovered. Put it inside a giant crate! Half a plane on a flat bed is a dead-on give away. It's 2009 for christ's sake!

Reports say that the plane was taken from Jersey City (440) to Rt 46 to Teterboro Airport.

2 comments:

  1. you had to mention that you were "coming home from the gym" didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the plane was taken to j supoor yard in harrison

    ReplyDelete